(1) Before we show your piece to the public, we will arrive at a fair price for jewellery by using our internal calculation methods and inform you. If your price and our assessed price are about the same (within 10%), then we will use the higher of two to quote for the visitors. Otherwise, we will call you to arrive at a mutually agreed upon price. We will also check the photographs for clarity. Then we will add your item to our catalogue of items for sale.
(2) You agree to let us post your jewelry in our site for view by people who visit our site.
(3) Before it is sold to the buyer, we have to look at the piece and verify the details provided by you. We will first clean the piece, weigh the piece and then assess the piece by using gold analyser machine. Based on this, we may have to increase / decrease the price to make it fair for both seller and buyer.
(4) If a jewellery is studded with stones, we will have it evaluated by outside consultant who would tell us the approximate weight of the stone so that we could arrive at the weight of the gold alone.
(5) Once we identify the customer who is ready to purchase your jewelry for the price mentioned, you have to oblige the customer. If you change your mind and decide not to sell your jewellery, then you have to pay the service charge of 2.36% of the offer price.
(6) You are welcome to get your jewellery estimated from a reputed jeweller in town and we can consider that for arriving at price.
(7) The seller information would be kept confidential and would not be given to the buyer.
(8) The seller can withdraw the posting anytime by logging on to the site or writing to us. If there has not been any buyer identified, then no charges would be taken from the seller.
(9) For Silver items, if they are tarnished, we will polish them at our cost before taking photographs. If you decide not to sell after polishing the piece, then you have to reimburse us for the cost of polish.
(10) The transfer of money from seller to buyer and the jewellery from buyer to seller will take place at the Kanti jewel office located in Tiruvanmiyur. If, for some reason, it is not feasible, then we will arrive at a method of exchanging money for goods in a way acceptable to all party concerned.
(11) The seller has to produce proof of address, and identity. The seller also has to sign a declaration stating that he/she is the owner of the jewellery that he/she is selling.
In all matters related to selling, the decision by the management of Kanti Jewels is final.